Thursday, April 10, 2008

Eye Candy Covers pt.III

The first two articles bearing the same title can be found here (Tor and Nightshade Books editions of some of the Glen Cooks works) and here (Subpress limited edition of Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson). In the third edition of Eye Candy Covers I'd like to show you another set of beautiful cover art, this one originating from Gollancz publishing - we are talking about relatively fresh print of their phenomenal Fantasy Masterworks series, now graced with an even more exquisite covers. The stark contrasts and the limited use of gentle colors turns out quite to my tastes and what is more important, this covers might bring fresh attention to this well deserving works of fiction. Behold...
-
-
--------------
-
--------------
-
--------
-

5 Comments:

Mihai A. said...

Thank you for the link in your blogroll. I put your blog on my blogroll too.

Sara J. said...

I quite like those covers: simple and elegant. Reminds me of that guy that does all that Final Fantasy concept art, Amano.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I know you won't believe it but... when I saw in my Google Reader that you posted new eyecandy covers, I ment to show you these! What a coincidence! Well...anyways...really ass kicking! I'm getting broken sword fo' sho!

ThRiNiDiR said...

broken sword? coz' of the cover or...? tnx for dropping by danilo, you've managed to get around mccarthy's The Road yet?

Unknown said...

nah, the road will have to wait, because I'm now waiting for a new shipment of books (Lord of Light, Last Light of the Sun, Legend and Broken Sword afcourse).

And no... I'm not interested in Broken Sword just cuz of the cover. The story is the main factor here (nordic mythology <3), but cover is just a cherry on top.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online