Friday, July 25, 2008

Shout-out & A Couple of (Not So) Lazy Links

-
Recently, two new great blogs dedicated to the genres of fantasy and science fiction have come to see the light of day. They are called Blood of the Muse (link) and Speculative Fiction Junkie (link). I visit these two blogs regularly and both have a few quality reviews to offer and some other great content as well. Check them out!
-
I've been a bit busy lately (still trying to put together something worth of the name diploma), so the content has been a little slow lately, but no worries, we've got a few reviews coming up shortly. I believe Blindman is posting a review of "Return of the Crimson Guard" by Ian C. Esslemont this weekend, which will be followed shortly by Trin's take on Catherynne M. Valente's "The Orphan's Tales" duology and my review of "The Last Realm: Dragonscarpe, Book One" by McNamara, Turner and Dutkiewitcz. In the last couple of days we've also recieved a review copy of Erikson's "Toll the Hounds" and Peter V. Brett's debut effort "The Painted Man", so these books will hopefully be reviewed shortly after that.

For now I'm giving you the taste of what's been going on otherwere:

  • The Vandermeer couple are the editors of the forthcoming...wait for it...pirate-themed anthology "Fast Ships, Black Sails". Yeah, you heard that right. Check out the cover art, it's really great. Thanks to Larry.
  • Check out this week's MIND MELD on SF Signal - some great authors were tackling worldbuilding.
  • Are all SFF Awards useless? Check out what Neth has to say about the Locus debacle...
  • Were you aware of Fighting Fantasy books? I weren't. Check out what Thea and James have to say on the topic.
  • Great review of Jim C. Hines' "Goblin Quest" can be found here.
-
That's all for now, have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the two new blogs. They look great! I just subscribed to both of them.

John

Aidan Moher said...

Thanks for the link!

I expect I'll be one of the few negative reviews of The Ten Thousand by the time the novel finally hits store shelves.

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

Ben said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out!

Mihai A. said...

Thank you very much for the link :)

ThRiNiDiR said...

no problem guys.

Thea said...

Oops, didn't see this until today! Thanks for the linkage Thrinidir :) And another FF fan?! Awesome.

The new blogs look great, thanks for the heads up.

Harry Markov said...

Thanks for the mention. Really. I am in a weird transition. Time to evolve as people say with the blog and I still wonder how. Me not making much sense here.

PS: These two blogs sound like something else. I am there.

Chris, The Book Swede said...

Thanks for the link :) I think I've been really dumb and not added you to my blogroll for the past months ... I'll try and pick it right now! :D

ThRiNiDiR said...

Hey Chris, thanks man.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online