Sunday, February 1, 2009

Eye Candy Covers IX

-
It's been a while since the last Eye Candy Cover article - Best Served Cold, remember? - and it was well past time for me to find another. I don't know how I've missed this one, since it was disclosed quite some time ago - a coincidence that it was on the same day that we've posted the cover for Best Served Cold on November 19 - but what matters is that the cover looks damn fine and if you haven't had the chance to see it before you do so now. The cover I'm speaking of is the cover for "The Desert Spear", a forthcoming sequel to one of the better epic fantasy debuts I've had the pleasure to read since...well, since Joe Abercrombie's "The Blade Itself" ("Lies of Locke Lamora" was great, but not on par with these two behemoths and I unfortunately haven't yet read "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss). The debut I'm refering to is "The Painted Man" (aka "The Warded Man" in the States) which was published in 2008 and kicked off, what I hope to be, a long and prosperous career for a young and talented author that goes by the name of Peter V. Brett. The review for "The Painted Man" will be online in a couple of days, but I'll let this beautiful cover whet your appetites until then.
-



---"A war is brewing between humans and demonkind, but when another man claiming to be the Deliverer appears out of the desert, the isolated human fortress cities seem more likely to turn on one another than unite. And the demon generals have yet to reveal themselves…"
-
Source.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online