Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So We Got Tagged

-

Larry from OF Blog of the Fallen got tagged, copied the fifth sentence from the 123 page from the nearest book to hand, talked something about rum, parrots, eye patches and wenches (link)...and then tagged us in turn (among 4 other bloggers). So guess what follows! :)
-
The first book within my reach is Mark J. Ferrari's "The Book of Joby" since I'm going to start reading it now that I've finished "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi (review forthcoming). If I got the rules right than the fifth sentence on page 123 would be:
"Like he'd seen a ghost!" Frank had laughed, suggesting it might be time to get a more effective chamber of commerce.
I'm at a loss here, or it just might be that my imagination is faltering - I got absolutely nothing on ghosts and chamber of commerce, but make of it what you will :)
-
---~Thrinidir~
-
---They'd better piss or get off the pot.
Since the nearest book was on a bookshelf full of them, I chose the book that first caught my eye. I've already read "Hyperion" and it was a great book - not to mention that the sentence above was one of the funniest descriptions of intentional delaying of the battle I've ever read.
-
-
---~Trin~
-
-

-

In turn, we tag:

5 Comments:

Kristen said...

I really liked The Book of Joby, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Thanks for tagging me - that was a fun game. :)

Thea said...

Trin--oh, I love Hyperion (and all the books in the cantos). And that is a great sentence! Hee.

Unknown said...

@Thea: that makes two of us :)

Aidan Moher said...

Old Man's War and The Book of Joby June is treating you well in the reading department!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink

ThRiNiDiR said...

@Kristen: no problem :)...I'll start reading TBoJ as soon as I manage to write a review for Old Man's War.

@Aidan: Indeed it is (don't forget The Ten Thousand); I'll be sure to get back to you when I'm done with my review (I saw the reference to The Forever War - they are really like a mirror images aren't they?)...just so I can be a bit jealous ;)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online